Whether you are 8, 18 or 80, your oral health is important.
Regular dental visits are important because they can help detect oral health problems early on when treatment is likely to be simpler and more affordable.
They also help prevent many oral problems from developing in the first place. A regular visit to your dentist is also important because some diseases or medical conditions have symptoms that can appear in the mouth.
Here are 15 signs you should see a dentist:
- Your teeth are sensitive to hot or cold
- Your gums are puffy and/or you have bleeding gums when you brush or floss
- You have fillings, crowns, dental implants, dentures, etc.
- You don’t like the way your teeth look or your smile
- You have persistent bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- You are pregnant
- You have pain or swelling in your mouth, face or neck
- You have difficulty chewing or swallowing
- You have a family history of gum disease or tooth decay
- You have a medical condition such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, eating disorders, or are HIV positive
- Your mouth is often dry
- You’re a smoker or use other tobacco products
- You are undergoing medical treatment such as radiation, chemotherapy or hormone replacement therapy
- Your jaw sometimes pops or is painful when opening and closing, chewing or when you first wake up; you have an uneven bite
- You have a spot or sore that doesn’t look or feel right in your mouth and it isn’t going away.
Taking Care of Your Dental Hygiene – Dental Care Professionals
Call us at Dental Care Professionals to consult about any and all of your dental needs. You may also wish to schedule an appointment for a more in-depth conversation about your dental options including family and cosmetic dentistry.
Dental Care Professionals have clinics conveniently located in Adelaide and Brighton.