Thanks to advancements in cosmetic dentistry no matter what your age, it’s now possible to have a beautiful smile.
What can Veneers do for Your Teeth?
If your teeth are chipped, cracked, crooked or stained, you may be interested in understanding what dental veneers are.
Veneers are a common dental procedure that can help correct broken or chipped teeth, hide gaps, make the teeth look aligned and cover permanently stained teeth.
There are two types of veneers; Porcelain Veneers and Composite Resin Veneers.
Porcelain veneers are made and bonded to your teeth. Resin veneers are put directly on your teeth.
Both are designed to cover the front side of your teeth. Both are intended to fit your mouth and your smile to look natural.
- With great oral cleaning and hygiene habits can last for 15 + YEARS.
- Will retain and maintain their shine and glossy appearance longer.
- When created using the CERCE system, can be done in single appointment, or done over a number of appointments when crafted by a lab technician.
- Are custom made to fit your teeth. At Dental Care Professionals, veneers can be either made using CEREC machine or by a lab technician.
- With porecelain veneers, some tooth preparation is needed. That means that putting them on your teeth is not a reversible process.
Composite Resin Veneers
- On average, composite resin veneers will last up to 7 years.
- Over time composite resin veneers lose their shine and can stain with regular drinking of coffee, tea, red wine etc.
- Often no tooth preparation required, which means more of your natural tooth is preserved.
- As composite veneers are applied on top of your natural tooth, the treatment can be removed. So they are mostly reversible.
- When your dentist begins treatment to apply your composite resin veneers. They will apply the composite resin directly on to the tooth and shape the resin to the right shape.
- Can be done in a single appointment when you and your dentist have an agreed structured treatment plan.
What You Need to Know About Veneers
Most people will agree that getting veneers is well worth it, as you will end up with a beautiful looking smile and a new burst of confidence.
No Matter Your Age, it is Never Too Late. Have a Beautiful Smile
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made shells crafted of tooth-coloured materials designed to cover the front side of teeth. They are an option for correcting stained, chipped, decayed or crooked teeth. Veneers can be made by a dental technician, usually in a dental lab, working from a model provided by your dentist.
Dental veneers can also be made in the clinic using a CEREC machine.
Placing veneers is usually an irreversible process, because it’s necessary to remove a small amount of enamel from your tooth to accommodate the shell. Your dentist may recommend that you avoid some foods and beverages that may stain or discolour your veneers such as coffee, tea or red wine. Sometimes a veneer might chip or fracture. But for people who have veneers the results are more than worth it.
If you have any questions about veneers ask your dentist.